Sunday 13 December 2009

Haul Out Time - tribulations

I was planning to move Greta down to the yard last weekend for her winter haul out, but I had gone down with Swine Flu during the week (AKA H1M1) you know you have it because you crave bacon sandwiches!!

It wasn't very nice, but I've had worse and so on Sunday I took a walk along the river, being careful to stay well away from passers by.

The day started off as one of those clear, sunny breezy winter days and I was wishing that I felt up to taking "Tosh" our catboat out for a sail.

On closer inspection, maybe it was a little too breezy, the yachts were tugging at their moorings and there was a bit of a fetch blowing into Swanwick pool.

So this weekend I'm going to try and get back on schedule. The forecast is for 12-15 knots from the North East, I'm hoping it won't be too windy as I will be on my own and even though Greta isn't a big boat, getting a long keel boat into a tight space can be a struggle single handed at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks