Monday 1 August 2022

Moto Guzzi

Not the usual Moto Guzzi S3 750 le Mans that I normally lust over, but just as I like old boats, I also seem to have a thing about old motorbikes.

This particual example was strangely on display in a furniture shop window in Fareham and makes quite a nice display piece. I was puzzled as to why it features a picture  of a chicken, or rather a cockrell which is actually the explaination.  It's a Moto Guzzi Galletto (Cockerel )scooter circa 1950s, they had a 192cc engine.

With the post war rebuilding boom but money still very tight, Carlo Guzzi saw the potential for cheap and popular transport and the success of Verspa and Lambretta and launched his own innovative, not quite a scooter, not quite a motorcycle - Galletto at the 1950 Generva Motor Show.

The transverse spare wheel is unusual, I'd say innovative but I'm sure someone will point to previous machines with similar arrangement.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks