Monday 28 December 2015

Winter rowing

Compared to the north of the country, Storm Eva passed us by with little more than high winds whistling down the chimney and yet more rain lashing the windows.

With four days off and warm weather in prospect over the holiday weekend I was thinking it would be a good opportunity to catch up with some rowing. Like fellow blogger Chris Partridge work and windy weather have kept me off the water for weeks now.



Out for a Boxing day stroll, there was a fresh 25 knots blowing upriver, kicking up white caps hardly the best conditions for rowing. So I went home and spent an hour or so sawing and chopping logs for the fire to work off a bit of the Christmas excess.


The strong winds didn't stop a few intrepid Laser sailors from Hill Head SC getting out on Sunday morning. I have to say I wasn't tempted to join them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks