Friday 28 June 2019

Wonder revisted

I've written about Wonder the Dan Hatcher built Itchen Ferry, one of a very few still in existence. Last heard she had another major restoration including fitting of an engine if I recall correctly and was in the Medway.


So it was a bit of a surprise to her on a mooring in Fowey recently.


I was having a kayak around the harbour on a grey day checking out boats when I saw an interesting day boat, it wasn't until I paddled around the stern that I realised it was Wonder.

It was great to see her in such good condition, if not in her local waters of the Solent.

Apologies for the poor images, I was a bit unprepared and had stuffed the my camera in the sleeve pocket of my new waterproof , clearly getting my wet fingers on the lens.

Fond memories calking her seams and then pumping her out daily for a couple of weeks while she "took up" all those years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks