Friday, 21 August 2026

French Fancies

 We stumbled upon a classic car rally at St Aubin Sur Mer while on hols and it was very interesting to contrast the French event with our own Locks Heath classic car club.

As you would expect there was an eclectic mix of France's automobiles, above with the bonnet up I think was a Panhard, alongside the Citroen Mehari which was probably the perfect transport for a beachside town in the heatwave we were experiencing. The Fiat seemed to be as well appreciated as it's French neighbors.

 Probably a Light 12 and almost certainly a Traction Avant, looking great and sightly sinister with the matt paintwork.

 Fantastic camping rig, 2CV with matching teardrop trailer, this was one of two at the rally.

More than a few Brit cars on display including this immaculate Morgan with a few sophisticated French touches.

Wild racer is a SECMA about two thirds the size of a Lotus Elise, I was able to talk to the owner a couple of days later while waiting at the local pizza van, it's powered by a 1.6 liter Renault engine and sounds like a lot of fun.

The rally was held in a park so we left to find some refreshments on the sea front, only to be amazed as most of the cars did a cavalcade right past our table.

So no cycling or scooters on the parade, but it was ok for a bunch of classic cars, very French and great to see, even if one of WW23 jeeps almost knocked out umbrella over with it's massive radio antenna. 


 

1 comment:

  1. I had tried several times before and, unfortunately, encountered people who took advantage of me, leaving me disappointed and discouraged. When I learned about Priest Alaska, I decided to contact him and share my situation. For the first time, I felt truly heard and treated with understanding. I decided to take a chance after receiving guidance from Priest Alaska; at the time, I never imagined how much my life would change. I longed for a major financial breakthrough, so I chose to remain hopeful and follow the advice I received. When I finally discovered that I had won $80 million in the lottery, I was completely stunned and overwhelmed with emotion. It was a moment I will never forget. The news brought immense happiness to my family and me, opening the door to opportunities I had previously only dreamed of. I am deeply grateful for the encouragement and guidance I received during that time. After enduring so many prior disappointments, I am simply happy to find myself in a much better situation today. Thank you, Priest Alaska, for the support and guidance you provided throughout this journey. If you are interested in receiving spiritual guidance regarding your hopes and goals, you can contact Priest Alaska to request his services. WhatsApp number: +233 59 274 5728 or email: alaskaspellcaster44@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks