Monday 18 July 2022

Aile Class

The lone reader might recall that I have a thing for open day boats. Some time ago I happened on a set of line drawings for this hard chined originally a Finnish bult boat which was adopted by the French Yacht Club Ile de France as their one design - the Aile class.

 I've always wanted a large model yacht in the window, and so with the realtive simplicity of hard chine construction and my lack of model making skills (or rather lack of patience) I set to during the first 2020 lockdowns.

It's quite a generous model standing just over five feet from the bottom of the stand to the top of the mast. And of course therein lies the problem, if I had put sails on I wouldn't be able to see out of the window.


 Aile Class - Facebook

1 comment:

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks