With the recent change of weather there's been a breakout of fungi locally. Walking down the garden in the early morning to eject a visiting mouse the cat brought in still alive, there was almost a carpet of what look like magic mushrooms - don't know why I think that, having never been inclined to try them.
Later out walking, I spotted this crop, no idea if they are edible or not and honestly I'm not confident that I could identify so with any certainly. In France apparently you can take wild mushrooms for testing at some pharmacies which sounds like a good idea.
In past years we used to visit the market in Sete at this time of year which had the most amazing array on sale, alas not this year, so I'm cooking mushroom risotto for tea with common button mushrooms picked in the wild at Tesco.