Tuesday 11 June 2013

Tractors

When we were in Normandy last year I was surprised at the number of tractors or varying vintage seen parked in drive ways and garages. Given the long flat sandy beaches over there a tractor is probably the idea vehicle for launching and recovery.


Not as popular locally but I couldn't help noticing a few in use, above Lymington Town sailing Club, and below at the Seafarers Sailing Club who launch across the shingle beach between Hill head and Lee on Solent.


All of which got me thinking that a old tractor might be the ideal birthday present/mid life crisis toy for an ageing sailor with too many boats.

3 comments:

  1. I have this vision of me turning up at my next Laser regatta with a tractor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very common out this way too, better than getting salt water on the car;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your source for new, used and rental equipment for all your construction needs, Construction Equipment. Kubota L245

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks