Tuesday 23 February 2010

A Blogging Year

It's been a year since I made my first post Winter Work about varnishing masts and spars. Well a year later they are back in the garage for quick touch up before the 2010 season and the oars are still waiting!

What I couldn't have imagined back then, was that the blog would attract over 20,000 visits, so a big thank you to everyone who has taken even a passing interest in my ramblings.

Although my blog has mostly been about local boats, sailing and rowing, curiously the topics which have received the most comments are:

Babies
Jam Making
Beer

9 comments:

  1. congrats on your 1st year! just think where your visit numbers would be if your list was slightly modified!

    jam
    baby making
    beer

    cheers, my2fish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually the beer precedes the baby making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations.

    Yes, isn't it odd how it is often the off-beat quirky subjects that attract the most comments?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Your blog is always entertaining and interesting, which is why so many people read it.
    And if you want to attract comments, a light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek, attempt-at-humorous attack on sailing also does the trick....

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I'd known this blog is about beer, I would have started following long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pickled Partridge isn't it, Max?
    A toast to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael - Pickeld Partridge is our winter beer, as spring sets in we're onto Hopping Hare and come autumn Firsty Ferret - another year passes by and a few more brain cells wiped out - but it does taste good!

    Thanks all for your comments

    ReplyDelete
  8. As much as I like beer, don't sell-out on us and start posting beer stories weekly.

    Congrats on your first year!
    I enjoy visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks