Saturday 18 July 2015

Slipway Saturday -Itchenor

We were over at Itchenor recently at HW springs. A lot of the trailers which had been left on the foreshore had water way over their axles, including more than a few with brakes.


I'm mindful having just replaced a set of bearings which the local trailer shop told me had been changed and which have not been out of the garage since, yet when I opened them up contained a nasty mix of rusty grease and were completely shot.


Road wheels and salt water really don't mix, but I wonder how many of these folks took the time to pressure wash and re grease their bearings when they got home? One of the reasons I'm really fussy about buying second hand trailers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks