Saturday 31 March 2018

Brilleau

We went aboard Brilleau twenty years ago when Erica and I had just returned from the Caribbean and were still living aboard Blue Clipper and trying to get back into a normal working life. She was built buy the owner, who was I recall a local GP to a design by Nick Skeates.


I though she was one of the best offshore cruising boats I'd ever been on, small by modern standards at only 32 feet, the design and construction are so practical and effective for short handed, offshore sailing.

I might be confusing this boat as it was a longtime ago, but I think the enormous hatch was so a small motorbike could be stored in the fore peak.

A few years ago we were sitting outside Dartmouth Castle looking at the vista as Brilleau sailed effortlessly through the spectacular Dart entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks