Sunday 28 August 2016

I think I will travel to Rio

For those of us who didn't get to the Olympics, Rio came to us in the theme of this year's Bursledon Regatta.


Paul Landowski's famous statue Cristo Redentor was recreated down in the Elephant boatyard. While down in the pool some of the participants took to the water in their Copacabana inspired creations.


And others recreated a smaller and floating Cristo Redentor with a suitable carnival mix.


In the morning the dinghy sailing seemed well attended racing down the river and back on a slow beat into the light northerly wind, but despite that it was a lovely sailing day.


In the words of the song.

I'm hearing the light from the window,
I'm seeing the sound of the sea,
My feet have come loose from their moorings,
I'm feeling quite wonderfully free.

 And I think I will travel to Rio
Using the music for flight,
There's nothing I know of in Rio,
But it's something to do with the night

1 comment:

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks