Sunday 12 April 2015

Waiting for the tide - Oyster Quay

Dolphin Quay is a good place to dry out, in fact that's the normal state of things, the tide only floating the boats at the top of high water.


It's a long way from open water, but home to some good sized boats.


The access channel goes past some waterside homes complete with their own moorings.


The owners of the immediate shore side buildings which used to house Dolphon Quay boatyard have applied for planning permission to develop the land into houses and flats, although I'm not very up to date the harbour authority were fighting to keep the moorings last time I looked.

3 comments:

  1. "although I'm not very up to date the harbour authority were fighting to keep the moorings last time I looked." .. there's a big rental board up on the fence at the moment advertising the moorings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting photographs. The WestSail 32 ownwe is chancing his arm having a jib up, but I guess there is no wind.

    I wonder if the small yacht in the second photo is an Alan Buchanan design?

    The third photo tells me bilge keels are a very good idea for certain areas in the UK.

    The last photo makes me wonder whether the little boat with the green cover is a 'Bawley' type - looks a bit like Maurice Griffiths little 'Storm'.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks