Saturday 22 February 2014

A brief respite

Last Sunday brought a brief but welcome break to the recent storms, the night sky had been clear and bright, lit by  a full moon, so I took the opportunity to get up and out for an early morning row.


The river was flat calm and I wasn't alone, this group of canoeists had a similar idea.


I was relieved to see that Matilda Emilie was safe and well on her mooring, it had been a couple of weeks since I'd been down to check on her, gusts of 70 knots had been recorded over the preceding Friday night.


Down in Hamble for a welcome cup of tea, things were equally quiet and what a welcome change to be able to sit outside for breakfast in the sunshine, it's been a long winter and I suspect not quite over yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks