Sunday 8 December 2013

Autumn Row

I managed to get out for a row at the weekend, it was glassy calm and I had the river pretty much to myself. The day was warm but overcast, the low grey sky reflected almost perfectly on the still water. The photograph doesn't do it justice, from the boat there was an impression of looking uphill to the boats.


Along the banks the trees were ablaze with autumnal colours, I keep thinking that things are happening very late this year.


Down at Salterns these folks appeared to be trying to move a barge/houseboat using a rib as a tug, I watched for a while as they kicked up a huge wash from the stern of the rib but didn't appear to be making much headway with the barge. Maybe that wasn't the point. I lost interest after a while and headed down to the cafe for breakfast.


1 comment:

  1. Nice place, it looks you got really good times. A cafe is perfect with that feeling.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks