Friday 22 February 2013

Oldham on Sea

Looking back through some recent pics I couldn't think for the life of me why I'd taken this photo, it's of the foreshore and mill pond at Emsworth but hardly showing the location off in it's best light.


Then it came back to me, I remember thinking at the time that there was an LS Lowry quality about all the people enjoying a Sunday walk and some fresh air. I forget which painting in particular, there's one where his matchstick characters are walking past the end of two rows of terraced houses observing a quite disconnected street scene within as they pass. If I were a bit better at photoshop I could probably have elongated and stretched the figures to make it more Lowry-esq.

3 comments:

  1. I think that several of Lowry's paintings have this arrangement of two terraces looking into a scene between them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to improve your knowledge only keep visiting this website and be
    updated with the most recent news update posted here.


    Look into my blog http://ningen.sakura.ne.jp/wp04/groups/make-effective-use-of-the-coupons

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks